It’s already the 7th day of January, I still find myself writing 2017 instead of 2018, it’s just too fast, days ago I was still enjoying my fried rice and chicken *sighs* Time they say waits for no one.
I was really surprised when Tomiwa of naijagirlonabudget.wordpress.com nominated me for my first award; The Liebstar Award!! A pleasant surprise I must say, I’m pretty new here, I mean I’m just trying my best to get a hang of this thing called blogging and I get nominated for an award. 😁😀Thanks a lot Tomiwa.
Let’s get into the nitty gritty shall we?
What is the Liebster Award?
The liebster award is a blogger award for new bloggers or those with a small following. It is a way of giving new bloggers some recognition and encouragement for their hard work. The instructions for accepting the award and passing it on are as follows:
- Create a new blog post on your blog thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog and put in a graphic of the award.
- Answer the questions that were provided, and then share some facts about yourself.
- Create a new set of your own questions for others to answer.
- Nominate 10 others and share your blog post with them so they can accept their awards!
Questions and Answers
Tomiwa: What is your middle name?
My middle name is Nnendah meaning the father’s mother.
Tomiwa: What inspired your blog name?
My first name Vanessa!! Some persons choose to call me Vanny, Vannie, Nessy and Nessa. I think I love the Nessy variant most. And Talks? I just wanted my own little space where I could express myself, write down my thoughts and share my knowledge with others hence the name “Nessytalks”, good name isn’t it?
Tomiwa: One awesome movie you’ve watched this year?
I’m not just so into movies so I can’t place my hands on any really awesome one I’ve watched.
Tomiwa: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Defintely an introvert. I’m working on being more sociable, I hope I achieve that.
Tomiwa: What’s the best advice you’ve heard or been given so far?
“You’re responsible for your own happiness, don’t depend on anyone to do that for you”.
Some random facts about me.
- I cry when I’m angry.
- I don’t dislike any Nigerian food except the ones I’ve never tried. I eat almost everything unless I don’t feel like it.
- I hate stress! Why get all stressed out when I can get things done the easy way. I don’t mean the bad way though.
- I’ve done a full make over only once and even then, it was minimalist.
- Well I didn’t know at first but I’ve been told that I’m domineering, strict and bossy but still with a kind heart, “the heart of a mother” as they describe it. Attributes which I don’t think are bad for an awkward introvert like me.
- What’s one lesson blogging has taught you?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- How easily do you make friends?
- Have you ever being in love?
- If you aren’t blogging, what would you be doing?
I nominate every blogger who comes across this post.