By now you already know I’m a hair obsessed, I love long healthy hair and even better if it’s natural hair. I feel if other women in other countries love their natural hair texture and care for it until it gets so long why not a Nigerian like me? I’d love to see my hair flourish this year hence my reason for this hair growth challenge.
This year my hair goal is to reach bra strap length (that’s about 15 inches) by December. I told my friends on the Nessy talks healthy hair group chat that I was aiming for armpit length hair last year and they thought I was kidding.
Here are some pictures…. currently 9 1/2 inches. After two trims.
Please pardon my pictures, different degrees of lightening. I don’t have a photographer *sad face*
Unfortunately I lost pictures of my big chop. My hair was about 5 inches when I big chopped.
This year I will;
- Wash my hair every 2-3 weeks. That’s once to twice a month. Some hair enthusiasts swear by washing every week but I had to reduce wash day since I was experiencing breakage and unable to retain length. Do what works for you.
- Not wear my hair out too often and I mean wearing it out in puffs and buns. I’ll wear more of wigs and my hair would be cornrows (which is a great protective style by the way) most of the time.
- Keep my hair moisturised.
- Wear satin bonnets while sleeping.
- Most importantly eat healthy meals and drink lots of water.
It’s quite simple. I hope you join me.
Happy hair journeys ladies.
P.S: Thank you all for the love on my previous post, I felt so loved, blowing out kisses to you all.😘😘